Ingredients for 16 croissants:
- 2 sheets of fresh puff pastry (rectangular)
- 6 organic egg yolks
- 100 g of sugar
- 30 g flour
- 50 g cornmeal
- 10 g of 100% organic matcha
- 400 g Philadelphia cheese
- 450 ml of milk
- Preheat the oven at least 10 minutes to 175 ºC.
- In a bowl beat the egg yolks and sugar vigorously.
- Continue beating and add the sifted flour and matcha.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk until it starts to boil.
- Once out of the heat, gradually add all the milk in the mixture while stirring.
- Transfer the cream from the bowl to the saucepan and stir it over medium-low heat while stirring.
- Remove the cream from the heat and let it cool in a bowl covered with plastic wrap to prevent a crust from forming.
- Stretch the rectangular puff pastry sheet and cut it into triangles. Roll the triangle from the base forming croissants and with a brush paint them with a little melted butter and place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake the croissants until they are browned at 175 degrees celsius for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once browned, remove the croissants from the oven and let them cool to room temperature for at least 15 minutes before filling them with matcha cream.
Make an X at the base of the croissant and fill them with a pastry bag with matcha cream.